The Communication Toolbox is a speech pathology private practice offering Augmentative and Alternative Communication (AAC) options to children and adults who have complex communication needs.
Our mission is to provide clients with the tools to communicate successfully. We support clients to further develop their ability to communicate, which may include the use of:
- Visual aids (e.g. communication boards and books)
- Electronic Communication Devices (e.g. Step by Step; LightWRITER; Eye Gaze systems)
- Communication Apps (e.g. Proloquo2Go)
- Communication Software (e.g. The Grid 2; Tobii Communicator)
The Communication Toolbox provides a range of services, including:
- Assessment of clients’ communicative strengths, difficulties and needs in order to determine the suitability of a specific communication strategy, aid or an Electronic Communication Device
- Up-to-date technical knowledge about the range of Electronic Communication Devices that are funded in Victoria
- Assistance with organising Electronic Communication Device and software trials (subject to availability)
- In depth knowledge of the reporting requirements to access up to $7000 of funding for an Electronic Communication Device on behalf of eligible clients who have complex communication needs
- Practical session planning with the emphasis on assisting clients to meet their communication goals
The Communication Toolbox is located at 215 Sandhurst Bvd, Sandhurst, Vic and provides off-site services locally and interstate, subject to availability.