I recently volunteered to become a Communication Champion to support people living and working with communication disorders and raise awareness about the International Communication Project 2014 (#ICP2014).
The ICP2014 aims to:
- Raise the profile and status of communication disability with international health bodies and policy makers;
- Increase public awareness of communication disability and the severe impact it has on people’s lives;
- Encourage people around the world to join together to make a difference in the lives of people living with communication disability
The campaign is based on three key messages:
- Communication is vital to life
- Communication professionals make a critical difference
- Early intervention is key
(Source: Nation for Communication Campaign Booklet, Speech Pathology Australia)
This is a worldwide campaign, with people around the globe sharing their stories about the importance of communication and it is great to have the opportunity to join in this work at the local level.
If you would like to share your story, please contact The Communication Toolbox using the form below:
To sign the ICP2014 Communication Pledge, http://nationforcommunication.org/the-communication-pledge/
For more information, please go to www.nationforcommunication.org